REAL ESTATE & PERSONAL PROPERTY ESTATE AUCTION
William Bartlett Estate Online Only Auction
Visit the “Photos” tab below to see larger images.
Country Home with outbuildings & approximately 15 acres conveniently located 2 miles northwest of Fort Madison, IA, just off West Point Rd (X23). Also selling tractor, vehicles, tools, hay & acreage equipment, primitives, lumber & household.
Began: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 9:00 AM CDT
Ended: Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 10:00 AM CDT
ONLINE ONLY ESTATE AUCTION
COUNTRY HOME & ACREAGE and PERSONAL PROPERTY
2503 218th St., West Point, IA
(From Fort Madison, IA travel 1-mile northwest on Hwy. 2 to Co. Hwy. X23, then north ½ mile to 218th St., then ¼ mile west)
AUCTION BEGINS ENDING: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29TH AT 10:00 A.M.
This is a Timed, Online Only Auction Event with a Soft Close! Click the above tab for catalog, terms and registration!!
OPEN HOUSE: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 15TH FROM 4:30 – 6:00 PM
General Information: Country home & acreage with 15± acres conveniently located approximately 2 miles northwest of Fort Madison, IA and just off Co. Hwy. X23. Acreage features a 2-bedroom home w/ 1-3/4 baths and full basement, newer detached oversized 3 car garage (finished & insulated), an additional 3 car garage, livestock & implement barns. Acreage also includes approximately 5 acres of hay ground, a pond and timber. This is a modest home on an incredible building site that offers hunting & recreational land, space for livestock and great equipment storage
Auctioneer’s Note: Come take a look and Bid Your Price!! We strongly encourage all interested parties to attend the open house! Auction will be conducted online only, whereas each bidder can conveniently bid with an electronic device from anywhere!
Terms of the Real Estate: $7,500 earnest money deposit at the end of the auction with the remainder due on or before November 30, 2020. The seller will provide a current abstract at their expense. Real estate sells “as is, where is”. Sale is not contingent on Buyer’s financing or any other contingencies. Seller reserves the right to accept or reject the high bid.
Special Provisions: A) Since this is an Estate, the Seller is exempt from the Iowa Time of Transfer Septic Law and will not be required to perform any inspections and or updates. B) Seller owns the LP tank. Buyer will be required to reimburse Seller for any remaining LP at market price the day of closing. C) Seller shall not be obligated to furnish a survey. D) The real estate is selling subject to public road easements, utility easements and all other easements of record. F) If, in the future a site cleanup is required, it will be the sole responsibility of the Buyer. E) Buyer accepts any remaining/unsold personal property at closing.
Reservations: Seller reserves from the sale of the real estate all personal property including any appliances, pipe gates and grain bin.
Inclusions: 1,000 gallon LP tank, firewood and window treatments.
Real Estate Taxes: Taxes will be prorated to the date of closing.
Closing: Closing will take place on or before November 30, 2020. The balance of the purchase price will be payable at closing in the form of guaranteed check or wire transfer.
Possession: At closing upon payment in full.
Agency: Fraise Auction & Real Estate and their representatives are exclusive agents of the Seller.
NO Real Estate Buyers Premium
Disclaimer & Absence of Warranties: Announcements made during the time of the auction will take precedence. All information contained and all related materials are subject to terms and conditions outlined in the agreement to purchase. The property is being sold on an “As Is, Where Is” basis and not warranty or representation concerning the property is made by the Seller or Auction Company. Each potential bidder is responsible for conducting his or her own independent inspections, investigations, inquiries and due diligence concerning the property. All lines drawn on maps and photos are approximate. No liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed by the Seller or Auction Company. Auction Company reserves the right to change the bidding increments at any time during the time of the sale.
***ALSO SELLING PERSONAL PROPERTY (Begins Closing at 10:30 A.M.)***
- Car & utility trailers and pickup bed trailers
- Allis Chalmers D17 gas tractor
- Ford 8N tractor
- Hay & acreage equipment to include: Kuhn GMD 700 disc mower, brush mowers, International 430 square baler, mower conditioner, hay rake, hay racks & more!
- Riding mowers, lawn cart and lawn tools
- Scrap iron
- 2002 Ford F-150 Triton V8 pickup
- 2007 Ford Mustang (prior salvage title)
- Firearms including: Winchester Model 12 20ga, Winchester Model 67 22cal. rifle, Iver Johnson 410ga & Excel 16ga. shotguns. (All federal & state firearms laws will be strictly enforced)
- Maytag smooth top elec. stove
- Samsung French door refrigerator w/ bottom drawer
- Insignia 46” flatscreen TV
- California Poppy and Adobe railroad china
- Usual baking dishes, pots, pans, silverware, household goods, etc.
- Whiz Bang popcorn popper
- Living room, bedroom and kitchen furniture
- Antique furniture, collectibles, glassware & general Americana
- Barn primitives
- Maytag repairman clock, Maytag wringer washers & Maytag parts
- Generator, acetylene cutting torch, air compressors, shop & hand tools
- Cider press, bushel baskets, apple/produce crates, apple picking sacks and more from the Strunk/Flach orchard
- Steel grain bin (great bin to repurpose – must be removed from the premises by no later than November 24, 2020 or will be subject to forfeit without refund)
- Large quantity of used lumber (mostly 2×4’s, 2×6’s and 4×4’s.) Also 5 large bridge planks and railroad timbers
- Cattle panels & pipe gates
- Plus, much much more!!
Pickup/Removal of the Personal Property: Monday, November 2nd from 8AM-6PM. Buyer’s Premium of 15% on all personal property purchases! All personal property sells “as is, where is”.
WILLIAM BARTLETT ESTATE – OWNER
Angela Helling – Executor
Carl Saunders of Saunders & Bungur Law Offices – Attorney
Fraise Auction & Real Estate
PO Box 8, New London, IA 52645
319-367-5744 ∙ 319-372-9121