HUGE 2-DAY ESTATE AUCTION
Thomas W. Sater Estate
Visit the “Photos” tab below to see larger images.
Mark your calendars for this Huge Estate Auction. The Sater family are well known in the Mt Pleasant area and were very involved in the community, serving on many boards including Old Threshers. Expect several generations of antiques & collectibles!
2-DAY ESTATE AUCTION
FRIDAY, MARCH 15TH & SATURDAY, MARCH 16TH 2019
BEGINNING AT 9:00 A.M. EACH DAY
To be held at the Fraise Auction Center, 205 N Cottonwood, New London, IA
(7 miles east of Mt. Pleasant, IA or 17 miles west of Burlington, IA, just off Hwy. 34)
- Large assortment of Heisey glass in various patterns including: baskets, finger bowls, punch bowl, stemmed glasses, compotes, double handled serving bowl, creams & sugars, ash trays, square salad plates, etc.
- Nice selection of Bavaria, Germany, Limoges, etc. hand plated dishes of which many are signed by Edith Lane & others
- Flow Blue Cashmere deer platter
- Aladdin & others kerosene/oil lamps. Also elec. Gone with the Wind style lamp
- Art glass vases, Belleek china, brides’ baskets, satin glass rose bowls, carnival basket & other decorative glassware
- Early hand-blown decanters, some are marked. Also, lrg. assortment pressed, pattern & leaded glassware
- Royal Worcester Evesham Old Ivory Jefferson 8-place china dish settings & others
- Signed Bristol vases with deer
- Early Mr. Peanuts jar, Borden’s & others milk bottles
- Few crocks, pottery vases, etc.
- Baccarat Christmas ornaments. Also vintage hand-blown ornaments
- Corona, Crown & ball fruit jars & Weir 1892 amber lid
- Hummel, Staffordshire & others figurines
- Advertising souvenir jars, toothpicks, etc.
- Chinese snuff bottles, other oriental glassware
- Lenox Boehm Woodland Wildlife plates
- Sterling dresser sets, spoons, salt & peppers, compote, etc. Also, a lrg. assortment of silver-plated serving items & flatware sets
- Brass candlesticks, figurines, HW Hyde bucket, solid brass newel post angel figure, etc.
- 1931 Henry Co., IA school type rollup map by Kean Map Co.
- Porcelain Fidelity-Phenix Fire Insurance Co. of New York advertising thermometer
- Lrg. assortment of Midwest Old Threshers buttons beginning as early as 1953. Midwest Old Threshers cookbooks, etc.
- 48-star flag
- Caterpillar, Case, Bantam, Bowman Ford, E-Z-Ola, Woodbury Whip Co. & others watch fobs
- Case, Old Timer & others pocket knives
- Advertising cigar boxes, tobacco, biscuit & flour tins, etc.
- Early fireplace andirons & screens
- Architectural salvage including wall fixtures, cornices, trim, bannisters, cast iron floor grates, stained glass windows, crystal chandeliers & iron hanging lamps
- Beaded & mesh purses, costume jewelry & pocket watches
- C.M. Bergmann Waltershausen 1916 10 25” doll
- Coin banks, brass compass, desktop lighters, vintage cameras & many other small collectibles
- Early postcards
- Lrg. variety of primitive hand tools, wood Craftsman carpenter’s chest & others. Also, antique work bench, Morso DK 8900 Randers guillotine chopper, Ingento 1182-84 paper cutter, wood lathe, bench grinders, planer & modern hand tools
- Old hardback books
- Mahogany inlaid travel tea caddy & other tea caddies
- Lots of old literature including automotive manuals & price guides, 1970 Shooters Manual, 1950’s Toytown catalog & Popular Mechanics, etc.
- Cast iron Duck lawn sprinkler, dinner bell, shelf brackets, etc.
- Metal blade fans
- Burlington Route & AT&SF railroad lanterns with both clear & ruby red lenses. Also, Adlake non-sweating switch lantern
- Barn lanterns, electrified buggy/automotive lanterns
- Sleigh bells strand
- Early automotive horns, Stewart & Dodge Brothers speedometers & other antique car parts
- Brass Henry Co., IA dog tags
- Lrg. adv. pencil collection on display boards
- Black & white photo believed to be of the New London, IA football team
CLOCKS & TOYS
- Ansonia, Seth Thomas, Sessions & others mantle clocks
- Germany Art Deco, Tiffany & Co. & others desk clocks
- Sessions & others wall clocks
- Travel & automotive clocks
- Nylint payloader, earthmover & tractor w/lowboy pressed metal toys
- Marx Coca Cola delivery truck
- Tonka Toys Livestock tractor & trailer
- Assorted friction drive toys, tin litho toys, etc.
- Early board games & puzzles
- Erector set & Gilbert tool chest
ANTIQUES & ARTWORKS
- (2) Walnut corner cupboards 83”H x 53”W x 23”D
- Walnut round tilt top table
- Drop leaf end table
- Walnut ¾ bed
- Walnut cupboard bases & tops
- Barrister bookcases
- National Button Exhibitor 12 drawer button cabinet by H. Hoffman of Manning, IA
- Spool cabinets
- Cincinnati Safe & Lock Co floor safe 38 ½”W x 29 ½”D x 50 ¾”H
- Chinese black lacquer coromandel/intarsia panels
- Chinese raised etched side table
- Early Grecian style bronze raised panels
- Abraham Munting (1626-1683) hand colored copper plate engravings
- Estes Park oil painting by Kozakiewicz
- Various other pictures including oil, water color & steel engraving
- Lennis Moore prints & others
MODERN FURNITURE & HOUSEHOLD
- GE smooth top elec. stove
- Maytag refrigerator w/bottom freezer
- Brown leather recliner & red 3 cushion sofa
- Knee hole desk & end tables
- Usual pots, pans, baking dishes, towels, bedding, etc.
- Lots of material & fabric including several lrg. bolts
- Linens & textiles
- Holiday decorations
Auctioneer’ Note: For Buyer’s convenience the Sater Auction is being moved indoors to the Fraise Auction Center with heat, restrooms & food available. The Sater family are well known in the Mount Pleasant area having served on many boards and foundations including Midwest Old Threshers. There will be generations of antiques and collectibles. Auction is much larger than list indicates and there are many unopened boxes that have yet to be seen, expect many more treasures to be discovered. Sale Order: Day 1- vintage & modern tools, automotive & RR collectibles, Old Threshers button collection & household goods. Day 2 – glassware, collectibles, antique & modern furniture and appliances. Possibly 2 auction rings on Day 2, so come prepared with an extra bidder. Doors open each day at 7:00 A.M. for early preview.
Terms of Auction: 10% onsite buyer’s premium on all purchases. Cash, local check or Credit Cards (4% convenience fee on all credit card charges). No items to be removed until settled for. All items sold as is, where is without any warranty expressed or implied. Not responsible incase of accident, theft, errors or omissions. Announcements day of auction will take precedence.
THOMAS W. SATER ESTATE